These are Shoes Im lusting after. Right Now.
1. My red ballet flats that I had forgotten about since 2010. I had forgotten them with my freind. She only just reminded me of them rececntly by bringing them to me. They are soon to be out of fashion, but I still love them. I need to wear them asap!
I will upload their picture the moment I take them.
2. These so in-fashion cork-heeled platforms that I can picture myself wearing. I just need to find the
Platform heels of Corck that scream style
right shop and price. And hope that by then its not trending on the street too often. And buying them
from Aldo or Nine West or Charles&Keith in India are not in the question. At least, not
right now. I can almost see myself mentally hum “Baji Baji
Bumbo Chiki Chiki Chiki Chikita”! in them (Remember that song?) while I walk through the elite stores of Palladium, Lower Parel looking all chic and hep.
Sunshine yellow platform Trainers
Platform Trainers with Bike-chic look
3. I wanted them when I was in school. I want them now. I had forgotten about them till date, but now that they are back in fashion, I dont want to miss the bus. Like last time. I still remember trying out so many of them when I was but 16, but none of them were ‘right’ for me. This time round, I want to get that pair. I know they are waiting for me somewhere!
4. This pair of white cut-out ballet shoes that I just bought. I would have purchased another in bright yellow as well if I could! that would have looked to cool with a pink dress!
Again, a picture is due, and I will upload ’em soon enough!
5. A pair of ‘slippers’ that I can just casually slip into when running errands. Something like
my old Kolhapuri slippers. Something I can wear with jeans, skirts, dresses alike. Maybe Ill just go get myself some nice Kolhapuris again. I lost the left foot of my trusty pair. I mean, ONE foot! And then the next one (pictured) finally gave up. And isnt that a really cool, really traditional toe ring Im wearing? I love to wear it and act all ‘married Indian good-girl’ type. In my mind.
Brown Brogues for Women
Lovely red Brogues!
6. And as a luxury item, a good pair of brogues. Preferably brown, with a cap toe. With hints of copper or steel on it. Tasteful, of course. You see I have it visualised perfectly in my mind. Now to find something like that in real life. In a “store nearby”, which has my size, (and) in my budget. Sadly, winter came and went. And brogues never caught on in Mumbai. Or even India as far as I saw. I wonder why. They are so useful for office and casual-chic. Ive always had a brogue-alike in my closet. Something I can pull on for the days I dont want to wear heels and still want to look smart for office. For days when I want to protect my heels from the elements while going out on weekends. And now, I need them. Slowly, I think they have moved up from the luxury item I classified them under, and are turning into a necessity.
Ah! Brogues for Women!!
So there you have it. a list of shoes I would LOVE to own, right now! And wear them. Let me see how soon I can fulfill this list!
- Brogues (trendyornot.wordpress.com)
- Boot trends: Brogue (moneyguidebook.com)